"Em casa de ferreiro, espeto de pau"... Será?! : : "In a blacksmith's house the skewer is made of wood" ... Is that really?!

De um momento para o outro, surgiu em mim esta necessidade de criar coisas em tecido.
Sempre gostei de trabalhos manuais mas, em relação à costura, sendo a minha mãe costureira profissional, sempre me achei um caso perdido, tal como no ditado "em casa de ferreiro, espeto de pau". Tinha o dom especial de encravar a máquina dois minutos depois de ter começado a fazer qualquer coisa e outro dom para partir agulhas...

Desta vez, decidi experimentar. Comprei uns tecidos que achei bonitos e pus mãos à obra. O resultado? Para mim foi impressionante e o feedback positivo dos amigos ajudou-me a ganhar coragem de encarar esta nova etapa como um desafio. Profissional ou não? O tempo e as vossas reacções o dirão.

...

From one moment to another, this need arose in me to create things with fabric.
I've always liked crafts, but in relation to sewing, and having a professional seamstress mother, I always found myself like a hopeless case, as in the saying "In a blacksmith's house the skewer is made of wood." I always had the special gift of jam the machine two minutes after it started doing something and another gift of breaking needles to ...

This time I decided to try. I bought some beautiful fabric that I found and put myself to work. The result? For me it was impressive and the positive feedback from friends has helped me gain the courage to face this new step as a challenge. Professional or not? The time and your reactions will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment